There was a nice surprise last Monday: my iPad Pro arrived! Apple have had announced it's delivery on 2nd to 5th of December, but it seems that there are now enough iPad Pro in stock.
I've chosen the biggest one with built-in LTE radio, and I don't regret having spent such a lot of money for it. As Fraser Speirs already pointed out having built-in LTE is one of the big advantages over traditional Mac Books.
Here are some more observations I made during my first week with the iPad Pro:
- The new iPad Pro onscreen keyboard is great. I've ordered the Logitech Create keyboard too, but I think that the onscreen keyboard is good enough for my mobile work. Because of the extremely high price (150 Euros) I will send back the Logitech keyboard immediately after arrival.
- If I work for a longer period of time I'm using a Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard (a holdover of my Surface Pro 3 test last year).
- Because of the large screen using Remotix, TeamViewer, LogMeIn and VMware Horizon View to remotely access Windows and Mac desktops is real pleasure. Together with my bluetooth keyboard, it's a seamless experience, and I don't use my MacBook Pro 13" for this anymore!
- Based on my usage, I calculate with a battery life of around 7-8 hours (high brightness with wifi, bluetooth and LTE radio switched on).
- Splitscreen is a game-changer on such a big screen.
- The screen gets smeary very fast. The coating on the iPad Air and the iPhone screen is much better in this regard.